VitaminQ - a temple of trivia lists and curious words
Email VitaminQ

RSS feed

Vitamin Q: the book!

~ Wednesday, September 04, 2002
 
THE CUT CUT CUT UP TECHNIQUE

A list of song lyrics with a cutting theme:

I've been misunderstood for all of my life
But what they're sayin', girl, just cuts like a knife
(Neil Diamond, 1967)

It’s the same situation, just cuts like a knife
When you're young, and you're poor, and you're crazy
(Queen, 1974)

Eye for eye and tooth for tooth,
your love cuts like a knife
(Bob Dylan, 1974)

And it cuts like a knife
She’s out of my life
(Michael Jackson, 1979)

The neon love life, oh it cuts like a knife
I hear you call it civilization
(Bonnie Tyler, 1983)

Desire cuts like a knife
I’ll leave you bleeding but I’ll make you feel alright
(Bon Jovi, 1990)

WAITING TO DIE -- NO USE TO DEFY
ABANDON YOUR LIFE -- TRUTH CUTS LIKE A KNIFE!
(Edge of Sanity, 1993)

Stormy weather ...
it cuts like a knife
(Stevie Nicks, 1994)

Turning circles when time again
It cuts like a knife oh yeah
(David Gray, 1998)

...and there are many more of these.

Source: thanks to Andrew Jackson

Powered By Blogger TM