VitaminQ - a temple of trivia lists and curious words
Email VitaminQ

RSS feed

Vitamin Q: the book!

~ Tuesday, September 10, 2002
 
NUMBER ONE?

The ten worst UK number one hits from each decade:

The 1960s

1 Wooden Heart - Elvis Presley
2 Michael - The Highwaymen
3 How Do You Do It - Gerry & the Pacemakers
4 Little Children - Billy J Kramer & the Dakotas
5 Sunny Afternoon - Kinks
6 Yellow Submarine - The Beatles
7 Green Green Grass of Home - Tom Jones
8 Hello Goodbye - The Beatles
9 Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde - Georgie Fame
10 Where Do You Go To, My Lovely - Peter Sarstedt

The 1970s

1 My Sweet Lord - George Harrison
2 Can the Can - Suzi Quatro
3 Give a Little Love - Bay City Rollers
4 Mississippi - Pussycat
5 When a Child is Born - Johnny Mathis
6 Chanson d'Amour - Manhattan Transfer
7 Lucille - Kenny Rogers
8 Figaro - Brotherhood of Man
9 I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
10 One Day at a Time - Lena Martell

The 1980s

1 Woman - John Lennon
2 Oh Julie - Shakin' Stevens
3 Ebony and Ivory - Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder
4 Beat Surrender - The Jam
5 Is There Something I Should Know - Duran Duran
6 I Just Called to Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder
7 Caravan of Love - Housemartins
8 I Owe You Nothing - Bros
9 Mistletoe and Wine - Cliff Richard
10 Belfast Child - Simple Minds

The 1990s

1 Saviour's Day - Cliff Richard
2 Ain't No Doubt - Jimmy Nail
3 Ebeneezer Goode - The Shamen
4 Would I Lie to You - Charles and Eddie
5 No Limit - 2 Unlimited
6 Ready or Not - Fugees
7 Beetlebum - Blur
8 I Wanna Be the Only One - Eternal
9 All Around the World - Oasis
10 Deeper Underground - Jamiroquai

Note: I've avoided novelty hits, Eurovision pap and most dodgy cover versions.


Powered By Blogger TM